Monday, February 25, 2008

Final Product

Hey everyone, I feel very good about finishing this project (even if I did have to use a week's worth of late days!) While completing this, I learned a ton of vector math, C++ programming and got to know a fellow grad student better, Nate Gaunt. Here's what I've got:


specular reflection coefficient (ks) = 0.5
No clamping Needed


This is without clamping the overflow values - noticed the distortion on the specular highlight
specular reflection coefficient (ks) = 1.0

So, I would like to calculate the correct normal on my triangles; I'm pretty sure that's why no light is reaching it. Also, the images are rendered upside down (like a real pinhole camera!) This would be something good to change. Even after inverting the image, I'm still a little unclear of why the specular highlights aren't directly facing the camera - I'm pretty sure they should be.

frost@localhost ~/cs534/assignment_3 $ time g++ World.cpp

real 0m25.019s
user 0m2.550s
sys 0m0.300s

25 seconds to compile! I have about 20 .h files and about 5 .cpp files, all of which are including each other. Good thing I used #ifndef __CLASS__ and #define __CLASS__ checks.

frost@localhost ~/cs534/assignment_3 $ time ./a.out
Ambient Constructed2 argument constructor

real 0m18.004s
user 0m5.170s
sys 0m0.190s

Only 20 seconds to run. This is on a old P4 running a crappy kernel (I need to build a new one; genkernal = slow).

frost@localhost ~/cs534/assignment_3 $ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 15
model : 0
model name : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1800MHz
stepping : 10
cpu MHz : 1794.705
cache size : 256 KB
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 2
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm up
bogomips : 3591.96



No comments: