Monday, April 2, 2012

Drunk Dude Falls Down Busts Head, Brian + Pretty Woman Help, Albuquerque Police Unfriendly

Today I was riding my bike along Silver and Columbia, very close to the University of New Mexico in beautiful Albuquerque, New Mexico at about 7:00 p.m., and I saw a dude laying on the ground with a busted head. I stopped to make sure everything was OK. The guy was on the ground, with a pool of blood coming from his head.

Tony, Who We Found Laying On The Ground With Blood Coming From His Head - Picture Taken After He Sat Up.


Blood From Tony's Head - See Above For Scale

I called 911, and proceeded to answer the paramedic dispatcher's questions. While conferring with Tony in order to provide the necessary information, it became apparent that he was either mentally unclear due to the large gash on the side of his head, alcohol or drug consumption, or some combination. However, I wanted to make sure that someone with medical training was able to arrive, and help him, as I would hope that someone would do the same for me if (when) I get drunk and hurt myself.

An Albuquerque Police man arrived, and I attempted to shake his hand. He informed me that he didn't shake hands - I automatically assumed this was part of the Albuquerque Police Department's outstanding Community Outreach training protocol.


Lilly - 505-453-XXXX - A Fellow Good Samaritan - Majoring in Anthropology and Interested in Having Dinner With Me

All in all, it made for an interesting ride back to my place. Hopefully Tony is OK, and everyone will call the paramedics when I am intoxicated and hurt myself. The only thing that surprised me was how unfriendly the APD cop was when I was clearly just trying to help, I figure everything else is par for the course with living in the UNM Student Ghetto.

No comments: