Thursday, April 24, 2008

Oleg + Brian Strength Training

For about two months, my friend Oleg Semanov and I have been lifting weights at the gym. We bring his PDA to record the weights that we lift, in order to keep track of our improvement and our goals. We both have been improving, but Oleg has improved on sit-ups extremely fast. He went from completing 3 sets of 25 sit-ups on the ground to 3 sets of 25 on a major incline. Next time we do sit-ups, we are going to move him up another bar. This will bring him to about a 40 degree incline.

Currently, Oleg and I are tied on leg press and calf extensions. This is another area that Oleg improved on very quickly. When we started, I was at 4 weights @ 45 lbs (20.411 kg) each + the bar at 45 lbs. I think the bar weighs 45, so this totals to 5 x 45 = 225 lbs (102 kg) and Oleg was at 3 x 45 = 135 lbs (61 kg). Now, we both are at 6 x 45 + bar = 7 * 45 = 315 lbs (142 kg). That's a 232 % gain for Oleg and a 139% gain for me.



Oleg doing Sit-Ups so fast he is blurry


On the way down...


and the way up

No comments: