Saturday, January 22, 2011

Cherry / Silver Albuquerque Handball Tournament

This weekend my family (my mom and dad) and I played in the annual Cherry / Silver Handball tournament in Albuquerque. The Cherry / Silver Handball tournament is well organized by Mr. Carl Brand. It is a single match, doubles tournament. Everyone is placed either on the Cherry team, or the Silver team. The team which wins the most doubles matches, wins the tournament. Everyone plays a single match, so it is not the most intense tournament in the world, but it is a whole lot of fun. My mother recorded the below video of the final few minutes of my match.



The below videos are movies I recorded of my father's match. My dad is in the baggy black shorts.



This clip begins with my dad's team serving at nine.



This video clip begins at 13 (my dad) serving 10.





The final in the series begins when the score is 17-17.


The below image is of me and my doubles partner.


The Cherry / Silver tournament was a lot of fun. The hospitality event was held at the German American club, complete with drink coupons for tournament players.

In addition to the tournament, my parents helped me on a construction project around my house. I needed to stucco a wall, and my mom and dad helped.





The above image shows how we 'fixed' the motor on my cement mixer.

My mom always makes extremely good, healthy, food to eat.

The Cherry/Silver tournament, construction project, and going out for drinks at the Low Spirits Blues Club as a family made for a nice weekend.

No comments: