Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving Dump

This blog post is about going to the Grant County Municipal landfill, or dump, at Thanksgiving, not some other form of a gigantic Thanksgiving dump.

My family and I spent a good portion of our Thanksgiving holiday cleaning out a bunch of crap from my uncle's house. He passed away six months ago, and his house is scheduled to finalize selling in a week. All that means we have to get the house ready to sell.


I look out and admire a sea of old tires.



For some reason, I found the way the sun was shining, and the bulldozer crashing through the garbage, to be sort of attractive and interesting, in a kind of dystopian, WALL-E, sort of way.

1 comment:

Efrain Grijalva said...

I thought you meant another type of Thanksgiving dump.
I was reluctant to know.