Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Sphere Texturing Done - Just need Anti-Aliasing

Things are looking all right with the spheres. You can completely see the moire patterns due to aliasing on the big sphere. Once I get a little more time to add content to this blog, I'll go over the math behind translating between world coordinated - polar coordinates - image coordinates.




Looking all right, if a bit aliased.


I'm not completely sure if I have the texture mapping completely right - it looks like only 1/4 of the below smiley texture mapping onto 1/2 of the sphere - I am fairly certain my polar - y image index is OK, but my polar - x may still need a little work. These concepts are not extremely difficult mathematically, but it takes a LONG time for me to code them up in C++.


Texture mapped onto the sphere - no shading




If people like checking this stuff out, leave me a comment! I've seen some hits from all over the world on this, and I would like to hear what you guys think.

No comments: