Thursday, March 6, 2008

Square Textures = Perfect, still some issues with non-square textures

Today I spent a lot of time with my host for my SIBBS class. The speaker, Dr. Julia Cole, is a totally awesome researcher. Listening to her talk, eating a bunch of free meals and hanging out with a number of very intelligent people from all different disciplines made hosting the visit a lot of fun. It still was a lot of work and the experience involved choosing what to sacrifice so I could make the visit enjoyable. I wasn't able to work on graphics quite as much as I would like, but I have made some good progress.

Spherical mapping from a square texture to a sphere is at 100%. Check out the grid texture below Nate Gauntt send me for testing and it perfectly mapped to the sphere.

Welcome to Grid World!


The Square (255 x 255) Texture


However, all is not good and right in Grid World. If I, even slightly, modify the texture to be anything other than a square, it looks really messed up. Check it out below with the (252 x 255 grid):


I must be indexing into Y incorrectly...

No comments: